Families are sure to find a lot more to do at Royal Caribbean's private island in The Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean announced it will spend $200 million to create A Perfect Day in CocoCay, which seeks to offer "the ultimate family destination in the Caribbean."
In short, Royal Caribbean is adding quite a bit to CocoCay. From racing down the tallest and most thrilling waterslide in North America or riding the tide of the Caribbean’s largest wave pool, to taking in the highest view in The Bahamas from a helium balloon 450 feet in the air, unwinding at the largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean, or enjoying the perfect beach day, guests will have the power to create their perfect vacation day – no matter what that may look like.
- Thrill Waterpark, featuring two brag-worthy water towers with 13 slides – the most slides found in any waterpark in the Caribbean – will include the 135-foot-tall Daredevil’s Peak, the tallest waterslide in North America. In addition, the waterpark will feature the Caribbean’s largest wave pool and a kid-friendly obstacle course pool.
- Oasis Lagoon, the Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool, with a swim-up bar and in-pool loungers.
- A 1,600-foot zip line that crisscrosses the island at up to 50 feet high and features the only water landing in the Caribbean. A helium balloon, dubbed Up, Up and Away, floats up to 450 feet above the ground providing for the highest vantage point in The Bahamas.
- Two specially designed beaches – Chill Island for the ultimate beach escape, complete with pristine, crystal-clear tropical waters and white powder-like sand – and plentiful cabanas and daybeds for relaxation; and the action-packed South Beach with volleyball, beachside basketball, soccer, paddle boarding, glass-bottom kayaking and zorbing in an inflatable zorb ball.
- The exclusive Coco Beach Club, will offer an upscale island experience that will feature the first overwater cabanas in The Bahamas.
If you are wondering when these new options will become available, the changes will be added in phases.
- September 2018: New pier completed
- Spring 2019: The majority of the island's experiences will be open.
- November 2019: Coco Beach Club opens
We can't wait to take our kids for a few runs down the slides, in the pools, and around the beach!